Another Active Apprenticeship Achieved
It’s been almost a year since we shared one of our success stories regarding the ‘Active Apprenticeship Scheme’, and as another year has passed, we have another qualified employee!
Callum joined us in May 2018 and has successfully completed his Business Administration Level 2 NVQ qualification. Callum is now a permanent member of the Active team in his role of Stores Controller and Engineer Coordinator.
We’ve asked Callum similar questions to our last article, to find out his thoughts and views in comparison to another person’s perspective. Here’s what Callum had to say about his own experience of the Active Apprenticeship Scheme:
1. How did you come to the decision that you wanted to do an apprenticeship scheme?
It seemed like a good opportunity to gain some qualifications and work experience, while also earning some money.
2. What made you choose Active as the business to do your apprenticeship with?
Upon attending my interview, the company seemed very welcoming. Also doing my apprenticeship within a smaller team meant it was easier to get guidance with my apprenticeship when required.
3. What were your initial thoughts when you joined us?
From the first day, everyone seemed really nice. I was quiet at first and not too confident but after being here a year, I am much more confident with everyone. From my first impressions Active seemed a good company to work for, and it turns out my first impressions were right!
4. What would you say was the most difficult aspect of your training? Did you have any doubts?
When I first started my apprenticeship, I fell behind due to my tutor leaving the training provider. This gave me doubts on completing my qualification. Thankfully Active chased up the training provider for me. This led to me getting a new tutor and finishing on time.
5. What has been the most interesting part of your training?
I have enjoyed getting to know new customers and learning how to use the new software we had installed.
6. Can you think of a moment that cemented your decision to work as a Stores Controller and Engineer Coordinator?
When I first started I was a bit unsure about the job role, however the more I got into it and the more I learnt, the more I enjoyed it. I now really enjoy the role.
7. What would you say to someone who is thinking about taking this educational journey?
If you get the opportunity to pursue an apprenticeship take it. You gain qualifications and also earn money whilst doing so. Plus, it also improves your work ethic if it’s your first ever job.