The Active Apprenticeship Scheme – Another Success Story!
It’s that time again…
It was just over a year ago when we shared a success story about the ‘Active Apprenticeship Scheme’, and now we have another qualified employee! To date, that’s eight school / college leavers who have achieved their qualification through doing their training with us.
Katie joined us in December 2018 and has successfully completed her Business Administration Level 2 NVQ qualification. Katie is now a permanent member of the Active team in her role doing Accounts and Administration.
Again, we asked Katie similar questions to our previous articles as we want to find out her thoughts and views, so we can compare them with our other successful colleagues. Here’s what Katie had to say about her own experience of the Active Apprenticeship Scheme:
1. How did you come to the decision that you wanted to do an apprenticeship scheme?
I hated being at college and just wanted to get into work asap, and earn some money.
2. Did you find the application / enrolment process easy?
It was a bit confusing at first but that’s obviously because I’d never done anything like this before, once I got my head round it I found it easy.
3. What made you choose Active as the business to do your apprenticeship with?
When I came for my interview everyone seemed very welcoming.
4. What were your initial thoughts when you joined us?
I enjoyed it.
5. What would you say was the most difficult aspect of your training? Did you have any doubts?
At first I didn’t think I would get all my apprenticeship work done on time, due to having tutors leave throughout my course, but thankfully the new tutor I had helped me to get all my work done properly and on time. Active also supported me with getting this issue sorted as soon as possible with the education provider, ensuring I had as little interruption as possible to my training.
6. What has been the most interesting part of your training?
I enjoyed learning the new skills I needed to do my job and meeting new people.
7. How would you grade the quality of your training? (1 being poor, 5 being excellent)
8. Is there anything we could improve on to enhance future trainees experience?
No everything was fine.
9. What would you say to someone who is thinking about taking this educational journey?
Do it, if you hated being at college like me then do it!
Congratulations again Katie, we’re proud to have you as part of the Active team!!